The Pursuit...

My triathlon journey. And then some.


Monday, April 13, 2009

Mission Accomplished!

Just some pictures for now...when I'm feeling more motivated I'll write a little more :)


28 people in a seven lane pool is pretty crazy!


Out of the pool! (23 minutes)


Transition from swim to bike


Dressed and ready to ride


Finished! 1 hour and fifty minutes


Me and Mom :)


Me and Cor-ready to refuel

Me and Christopher :)


Me and my "coach"


Me and Erica and the sweet sign she made!


3 comments:

  1. Carrie: Mission accomplished for sure. You definitely suprised a lot of friends and family with your performance. I, however, knew you had it in you the whole time.

    Looking back you went on a very difficult journey. At times I know the vision was clouded by doubt and frustration, that was part of the process. I remember using the cop-out, fix-all phrase "Trust me, I'm the expert here," many times. haha Which, of course, you did. More importantly, you trusted yourself.

    You took the risk to believe in something crazy, and look what happened. You took a systematic approach, and absolutely killed it on the very first "tri(athlon)." YOU, did it by yourself.

    Thanks for letting me participate in your grizzly tri, I should thank you. I'm calling it right now, next year you will be riding, what did your mom call it... a "bike without pedals" (triathlon bike with clipless pedals) and smashing the tri scene.

    -Coach Bryan

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS your family, fiance` and fan club are so awesome, amazingly nice people. I enjoyed spending time with them and with you...are they for hire? I could definitely use a lap counter like your mom :)

    ...You're stamped legit, you're cool to travel and race with me anytime.

    ReplyDelete